Chief Contracts Officer – CCO
- Full-time, Permanent Position
- Competitive salary package
- Located on St George’s Terrace, Perth CBD
Kamala Tech Pty Ltd is a fast-growing technical and administrative support services company supporting the huge e-gaming sector in Asia. The core of our client’s business is the B2B licensing of software and the many support service suppliers providing technical support to this core (the client and support services, together its “Customers”). Currently, Kamala adds value to the business of its Customers through the provision of financial / accounting services and technical IT services.
Kamala’s strategy is to protect and grow its business by providing a broader spectrum of key services to increase revenues from its Customers and also to attract new major clients. The first step is to attract a CCO. The CCO will have ultimate responsibility for all contractual arrangements of Kamala, its Customers, and its future new clients.
Who we are looking for?
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative, and commercially astute CCO to strategically grow and lead this side of the business. Someone who can understand our Customers and their business and advise on all contractual aspects of the e-gaming sector, delivering commercially focussed solutions. A leader, an influencer, and someone who will deliver results.
- Ensure Kamala and its Customers are exposed to minimum contractual risk and counterparties deliver according to their contractual obligations.
- Preparation and negotiation of all new contracts, including e-gaming licenses, support service supplier contracts, consultancy, and IT software or IT hardware contracts.
- Critical review, analysis, and advice on all existing contracts and delivery of services thereunder.
- Dealing with specific contractual inquiries and advising on all related matters.
- Dealing with breaches of contract and managing any course of action followed.
- Understanding and advising on the complicated legal, regulatory, and compliance frameworks across multiple jurisdictions in Asia to ensure all necessary contractual arrangements and related protocols are in place.
- Preparing reports on business activities and any industry-related risks.
- Advising the Kamala Board on a course of action and implementing the same.
- Instruct local legal counsel and other external advisors throughout Asia.
- Responsible for all contractual arrangements for restructures and reorganisations.
- Recruiting, training, and developing a contracts team.
- Grow the existing business and attract new clients.
- At least 15 years of broad commercial experience.
- At least 10 years’ experience of drafting, negotiating, and advising on contracts.
- At least 2 years’ experience in e-gaming in Asia Pacific Region with an understanding of legal, compliance, regulatory frameworks.
- Highly desirable to have a legal or business law tertiary qualification.
- Prior experience at Senior Executive Level with the ability to influence.
- History of successfully running internal teams and managing large cross-border multijurisdictional projects.
- Extensive contact base within the e-gaming industry, in particular multiple legal and regulatory contacts in each key Asian e-gaming region.
- A self-starter who has demonstrated success in growing new business.
- Ideally can bring new business revenues to Kamala from the outset.
- Willing to travel extensively across the Asia Pacific Region to meet with clients and contacts.
The closing date for applications is 28 August 2020